It all started with the excitement of finding costumes, picking out our favorite candies to hand out, and offering to help out with a few parties. I don't know why but I just never seem to learn that when you combine four boys with more candy than a small village should eat, add in a few too many parties, sprinkle on top some face painting and hair dye all you get is a hungry baby, a tired and whiny three year old, a five year old that can't sit still to save his life and an emotional nine year old.
Our Halloween adventure started with a going away/dress up party for some friends from Preschool. The party was lots of fun and because it was the week before Halloween we were able to get a jump on our costumes that I usually leave until the last minute. Brenden went as an Alien with full makeup, Alex decided to go as a Jedi (because Darth Maul was too messy and scary looking) and Camden went as Darth Maul (because it was messy and scary) side note: it takes about 25 min to put on Darth Maul makeup. After we played games, ate candy and cookies and said goodbye to our friends we went home to scrub off all our hard work. Sorry no pics I forgot the camera.
The following Tuesday was Camden's Preschool party he went again as Darth Maul but it was the tired mom version, this time the makeup only took about 10 min. If I could use just one word to describe the event it would be "busy". Thanks to the creativity and pre planning of some awesome moms all fourteen preschoolers had a great time decorating cookies, listening to scary stories, pumpkin bowling, making popcorn hands, and wrapping each other up into mummies. Again no camera.
Then the dreaded Thursday came. I knew this day would be busy because I had planned the Kindergarten party that was to start at 9:30. Luckily for me Beau woke up feeling sick, I only say luckily because now Michael could stay home with dad instead of being dragged through the school all day. The party went off without a hitch and all 50 kindergartners had a treat, made a bat craft, played musical graveyard, raced around on witch brooms, and played pumpkin bowling. I must mention here that I LOVE kindergarten moms, they are always happy to help, show up on time, and do whatever they are asked. Because Michael was home with Dad until 3:30 when he had to go to school I took advantage and went to help at the fourth grade party. Unlike the kindergarten moms each year there are fewer and fewer parents that can help with the parties of the upper grades. There were 100 kids and about 8 moms helping.

The busy school parties were followed by our ward trunk or treat thrown by our wards activity committee, that's me too, then the next day trying to make it to the neighbors on time for a quick dinner, so that we wont miss out on any of the trick or treating. In the end we all survived but I'm sure glad Halloween only comes around once a year.

0 comments:
Post a Comment