Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Kindergartner and a Preschooler

On September 2nd our lives got very crazy, Alex was going to his first day of kindergarten. We had visited the doctor, and the dentist, signed all the appropriate forms, gone to kindergarten roundup followed by back to school night, we had even sat down with a one on one evaluation with his soon to be teacher. He couldn't have been more excited...... until the moment actually came.
I knew Tuesday morning would be crazy because not only was it Alex's first day of kindergarten but it was also Camden's first day of preschool, and I was the teacher. The house was clean, breakfast was made, and I tried to put the finishing touches on my lesson. I woke all the boys up early to be sure that there would be no "were going to be late" melt downs, which are very common in my home, and all went smoothly.
We arrived at the school a little early so that we would be able to find the right hook and cubby for our things and as we walked in I think it hit Alex that I would actually be leaving him there. He started to melt, literally crumble to the floor, I scooped him up and told him that it would be fine and there would be many friends to play with. We went to find his seat and luckily his teacher had placed him near two good friends, he was relieved to see them there and sat down still reluctant to let go of my hand. We sat there together talking about all the great things they would be doing during the day he seemed excited and finally let me leave but not without one last hug.


I arrived home just in time to greet 7 preschoolers, we played, sang, danced, colored, and of coarse ate snacks. Camden was sure he was the star of the show and loved all the new friends he made, but most of all was excited that "his" Grace was in preschool with him.



After all the kids had gone and I had cleaned up, made dinner, done homework and reading with the two older boys and prepared Thursdays preschool lesson we all sat together and I decided it might be less work to home school.

1 comments:

Sharilyn said...

Less work to home school? I'd like to see it! ;)